Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dog is My Partner....Maybe

I have two puppy dogs that are just over a year old.  I feel really guilty every time I go for a run and leave them at home.  I always hear that dogs make great running partners but I really like to just listen to mind numbing music and zone out when I run.

But the guilt sometimes gets to me. 
So today I decide to run with them but there's a catch.  I am secretly testing them to see who wins the coveted position of being my full time running partner.

So far I have always taken them together and Brogan, the German Shepherd Dog, stays right on my left hip and is a dream to run with....until we meet a dog....any dog...and then he bites them.

Luna, the Gold Retriever, loves dogs but is constantly out front pulling me.

Today I start with Brogan and my pretty pink shoes.  I am thinking, fast pretty shoes, dog on my hip, perfect! 

We head out down the street and he does a perfect impression of Pasado the Donkey.  What?  Do you know how hard it is to run while dragging 75 lbs behind you??

Pasado the Donkey




My Grumpy Face

I drag Pasado  Brogan a mile down the street and turn around.  Whoa!  Now he is a horse to the barn!  He drags me back home.

My donkey/horse and I make it back home and my feet are killing me.  As much as I love my pretty pink shoes they don't really love me back.  So after a quick shoe change I am off again. 





Now it is Luna's turn to run.  She starts off running in her usual way....way out ahead and pulling me.  (I think I am just too slow for her)

Luna

After about 20 treats and one quick yank of the leash (I did, I yanked, I admit it.  It's like saying you'll never spank your kids but then you do cause NOTHING else works)  she was an angel.  She didn't pull for the rest of the run.



                              I think we have a winner!  The non-biting, happy, sweet Luna. 


Luna as a baby (cause who doesn't love a cute puppy picture?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment