Friday, December 28, 2012

Can you really take an "indoor bike ride"?

A year ago, when I was training for Ironman Canada, I HATED riding my bike indoors.  I endured rain, snow, sleet, gale force winds, anything and everything, rather than ride indoors.  It was just too dang boring.


Me, Anna, and Gina taking a break at Birch Bay State Park on a 22 degree winter day
 
But for some reason this year I just can't stand the thought of going outside to ride.  It may be a little PTSD from all the miserably wet cold rides we endured. 

So here I am, ready for an indoor training ride.

First things first, gather things I may need during the ride:
Water
DVD Remote Control
Cell Phone
TV Remote Control
Home Phone
Ever present German Shepherd Dog, Brogan




All set...(the phone book makes a great front wheel support)

I am years behind watching movies so I decide to catch up and watch Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 1.  I hope that Harry will keep my mind off the tedious task of indoor biking.

I start pedaling and my puppy dogs quickly take their places around me...


Luna sets herself up in front of me.

Brogan is at my heels occasionally taking nips at my shoe or the trainer


After about 30 minutes of spinning I think, "Gawd, I am soooooo bored" and "Dang, this seat is really hard".  Also, a little note to self:  Don't set your bike up in front of a roaring fire.

Sweat dripping, I continue to watch the movie and start texting friends when I don't think I can stand it anymore.  (Thank you, friends, for getting me through those last tough minutes of my ride!)

I am toward the end of my hour ride when I notice it.   Check out those ears!


Dobby the House Elf's Ear

 
Brogan's Ears



1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on the indoor riding thing this year. I think I have had enough of icky weather!! We must get together for some indoor training fun!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete