Friday, November 9, 2012

My Return to Triathlon

 I took a year off from triathlons.  And by "taking a year off"  I mean no swimming and biking at all for the last year. zero, zilch, nada. 

This wasn't really a conscious decision on my part.  It was more of the lazy attitude of "hmm, maybe next week." 
So here I am after 63 weeks of saying "next week!"  wondering  if next week will ever come.

On Halloween day I signed up for the  Pacific Crest Long Course Triathlon thinking, "Now THAT will get me moving."    And yet another 10 days went by and still my bike sits with over a years worth of cobwebs on it. 


There it is, back behind those boxes!


Hmm, maybe I can trick myself into biking by starting out with a fun ride.  Maybe just a little ride on my Granny Bike.  I invite a friend and we plan a day to ride a couple of miles, stop for coffee, ride back. Perfect!  I love my Granny Bike.



I really want to add some pink plastic flowers to my basket :)


On the morning of the planned ride I  am super excited to find the rain has stopped and it is a gorgeous sunny day.  A perfect day for a ride by the bay!  I plan on dropping the kids off at school and be on my way.
I get dressed, find my helmet and gloves, walk downstairs and hear....."Mom, I don't feel good".

Crap.  Maybe next week...




No comments:

Post a Comment